1. Designed a core game mechanism that is easily understood and conveys a strong feeling of co-operating and competitive.
2. Designed the game rule to help the player experience the game better. Player has meaningful choices and they can win in different conditions.
1. Implemented the tutorial UI function so that the player can know how to play this game before the game start.
2. Learn and use a Unity particle system to build some beautiful elements in worlds to makes the world appealing. For example, use the particle system to build the rope.
3. Implemented the car drive system with Phigets which means players can use a wheel and control panel on the wheel to drive the car in the world.
Safari Adventure is a VR game on HTC Vive, which provide the guest with a compelling and fun experience that guest can take photos with those special fascinating moment and even everything in the world. The whole experience with the camera in a safari park delivers the direct feel of freedom to the naive guest. Players can take photos, view the album and zoom in/out which means he can do almost everything he wants like a real camera. So that it helped the naive guest to experience the world without any instructions.
I think a good game design method is considering every expectation that would be built in guest's heart and use those expected to produce a surprise. So we use the camera concept to build a basic expectation for guest, and design different circumstances to transfer those expectation to surprise. For example, we made an avatar for guest so when they take a selfie of them the avatar will surprise them.
In the beginning, we design our prop with a wireless mouse. So we need to decide which button will take pictures. We assumed guest will hold out a prop in a gesture like a real camera. So we use the left button of the mouse to take pictures. While after the playtest process, we found out guest prefer holding the prop in a gesture that put their index finger, the most flexible finger, on right button and middle finger on left button So they usually try to use right button to take pictures, which inspired me that when I designed prop to assist guest to experience world, we need to think more about how will guest use the prop in a most comfortable way. It also can be applied in system design that the system should be comfortable to play with because everyone will choose to enjoy comfortable things.
Design Problem:How guest experience the world with prop